cxTurbo

Default Roomba Vacuum cleaner question

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:45:27 GMT, "rb608"
wrote:

"cxTurbo" wrote in message
Overall it works great and I don't think I need to mention the
coolness/fun factor

Good review, thanks. How does it handle changes in elevation? We have
several rooms that are hardwood floors with area rugs. The vacuum would
need to ride up about a 3/8" edge to go from the wood to the carpet. Will
it handle that?

Joe F.

Doesn't have any problems going from kitchen or bathroom tile to
carpet. The most challenging spot in the house is from the ceramic
around the fire place to the deep pile carpet and so far it hasn't had
any problems there either.

Someone mentioned it doesn't work on deep pile carpet....not true.
The living room, dining room and hallway has fairly deep pile
sculptured carpet and it has no problems with it. It does put more of
a drain on the battery though. Shag would probably pose a problem but
I doubt there's anyone on the face of the earth that would still have
that in their house

Like I said, it won't take the place of a regular vacuum cleaner but
it does a good job at maintaining the house. From what I've read on
Epinions, people that have shedding pets love it.

My suggestion is to buy one locally. When it first came out I was
going to purchase it through mail order but in the back of my head I
thought it may end up being an expensive gimmick. When Bed, Bath and
Beyond got them in stock I picked it up knowing I wouldn't have to go
through any return hassles and expensive shipping if it turned out to
be a piece of junk.
If you go that route and decide you don't like it, just throw it in
the box and take it back.

George