Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Ridge vent buckled and loose

On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 7:08:44 PM UTC-4, Davej wrote:
Something else I noticed on my "house-built-by-idiots" is that
my ridge vents look bad. They are buckled and not tight against
the roof. Also it is run over gable areas where I think it simply
can't fit correctly. What is the proper way to terminate a run of
ridge vent?

Usually it runs to the ends of the roof, with cap shingles over top.
The last two feet or so, where it extends over the roof edges, there
is no slot cut in the roof. Is this the rigid kind or the kind that
comes on rolls and looks like the filter stuff they use in window
air conditioners? IMO, the rigid is the only one I'd use. And if it's
installed right it shouldn't be buckled.