Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Wiring protection auto or similar application?

On 9/7/2018 4:29 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 9:32:19 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 9/6/2018 4:09 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

How heavy are the wires? How many conductors in this sheath? How big
is the sheath? I have several ideas depending on your answers

The particular missing run is just one 10 ga power feed to the choke
solenoid...there are others from 1 14-16 ga conductor to a 30-conductor
cable but I don't have to deal with one of those!

--

You sure you're not over engineering it? Wire insulation for auto use is tough, I've never seen it affected by oil, if gas is getting on it, a bit of that won't harm it either, if it's more than that you have other problems. I'd only be concerned about physical abrasion, ie if it's exposed, subject to movement, etc. And hopefully it's fused.

It's all of the above in this beast...I've found several damaged
locations while digging out the mess left by the previous maroons when
they butchered the control circuitry to bypass power solenoid so I'd
prefer to have it over-"engineered" than not. And, JLG did use the
sheathing originally on virtually everything...it's not usual for a
vendor to add unnecessary ornamentation.

The choke power does go thru circuit breaker on the way to the forum,
yes...altho that was bypassed by hooking the control signal wire from
the operator platform directly to the choke solenoid instead of just
replacing the failed power relay...