Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Wiring protection auto or similar application?

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 3:09:23 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
Working on JLG 40H manlift; the choke control solenoid failed so
previous owners just bypassed and jumpered battery/ignition voltage to
the control logic circuit and connected it to the choke solenoid. This
worked for a while, but the small conductor wire with long run from the
controls in the bucket isn't pulling sufficient current reliably so am
in process of putting back to way it is supposed to be...new power
solenoid to feed power, move controls back to control-only.

As long-winded preamble, there's a solid protective sheath over the wire
runs internal to the machine for wear and thermal and oil/gas
protection; it's solid plastic material of some sort (similar in
appearance to, but heavier than shrink tube). I'd like something
similar when run the replacement wiring (not only did they jumper stuff,
the maroons then chopped the bypassed stuff off so have to rerun those).

But, I've not found anything local that really suits; anybody got any
ideas for what this might have been? There's a lot of braided I could
use but because there is quite a lot of oil/grease/dirt in this old
thing I'd kinda' like the solid if could find it.

Also, there are 4 to 6-ft runs so need something I can buy like a 25-ft
roll of, not just 2-ft sections...

Clare, you got any ideas, maybe... ???

--

How about Viton tubing or similar? Auto parts stores have it by the foot.
They may have something less expensive that's fuel resistant too.