Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Cool Wooden Restaurant Benches - Comfortable?

On 9/6/2018 12:48 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 12:57:10 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 9/6/2018 10:42 AM, Jack wrote:
On 9/4/2018 8:55 AM, Leon wrote:

Of all of the things I do not build, anything you sit on.Â* Seating is
just too touchy to get right.Â* It can look great and might be something
you would not want your worst enemy to sit in.

Seating is a challenge to get right, but good design is everywhere.Â* The
big thing for most is working with angles.Â* Much woodworking is simply
squares, chairs, not so much. My first chair was a childs rocking chair
and it was a bitch.Â* Still have it 35 years later and still remember the
problems it gave me to get right.

Precisely. My wife and I were on vacation one year and wandered into an
Amish furniture store. I found an attractive dining room chair, sat in
it, and immediately got right back up. It was uncomfortable. A chair
at the next table looked very similar but sitting in it was a pleasure.
When we returned home we looked for 3 years to get that feel again at
the local Amish furniture stores. It tool that many years to find that
right fit again and we bought 6 all wood chairs. Most every one that
sits in them really like the fit.

I think that you should have all of us over to see/try them.

I'm available this weekend. Does that work for everyone else?

COME ON! ;~)