Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Cool Wooden Restaurant Benches - Comfortable?

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:11:27 -0400, John McGaw wrote:

On 9/4/2018 8:55 AM, Leon wrote:
On 9/3/2018 9:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
SWMBO and I had a really good but way too expensive (IMO) breakfast at a
restaurant in Amherst, MA. I'm more of greasy spoon diner breakfast kind of
guy but this place was suggested by the owner of the Airbnb we were staying
at, so we tried it. Anyway, they had some cool wooden and metal benches. I
didn't get a chance to sit on one, so I can't speak to the comfort. The
seats
seem like they would be fine, but the backs look like they wouldn't be
comfortable for all customers. Have a look...

https://i.imgur.com/XPMMfSe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/brFrYqH.jpg

Of all of the things I do not build, anything you sit on.* Seating is just
too touchy to get right.* It can look great and might be something you
would not want your worst enemy to sit in.

These benches are cool but "many" restaurants have uncomfortable chairs for
a reason, they don't want you staying too long after you have eaten.

These might fit the bill just right.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

But where is the comfy chair???