Default good choice for first-time plumbing repair?

I've got a leaky hot-water pipe joint that feeds the dishwasher.
Leaks from the tee where the shut-off valve is, under the sink. Is
this a good choice for my first-ever DIY plumbing attempt? I'm plenty
handy with wood and electrical, but haven't attempted plumbing. I've
got the flux/solder/etc, and have watched a zillion shows and read a
zillion books, Whaddayathink? Can I just resolder the thing, or
does it have to come apart and go back together again?