Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Cool Wooden Restaurant Benches - Comfortable?

On 9/4/2018 9:05 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 07:55:43 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

These benches are cool but "many" restaurants have uncomfortable chairs
for a reason, they don't want you staying too long after you have eaten.

I understand this is the same reason they tend to make restaurants
loud with garish lighting. These customer unfriendly tactics make for
grumpy customers if the kitchen is slow. Grumpy customers make for
grumpy (underpaid) staff.
Another place to avoid.

I think it's the same reason, but the reason is more likely due to the
owners being morons. I guess if your restaurant is in a tourist trap
where repeat business is close to zero, it might work, otherwise, if you
want repeat customers, besides good food, you need pleasant surroundings
including comfortable seating and non-loud, non-garish lighting.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com