Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cool Wooden Restaurant Benches - Comfortable?

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 08:57:25 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 9/5/2018 1:29 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 11:21:23 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 9/5/2018 9:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/4/2018 9:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

As much as I hate waiting to order my food, I hate even more having to
wait
for the check after I'm done eating.

Aside from some tourist traps, you'd not enjoy eating out in Italy.
Nothing is rushed and many restaurants do not open until 7 PM.* The
check will not come until you are finished your last drop of espresso.

Not unique to Italy, Small town Texas is that way too. BUT if you are
out of town your time is probably not so cramped.

I don't know about "probably". SWMBO and I just spent 2 weeks on a road
trip through Utah and Arizona. Basically a big loop around the Grand Canyon.

While our time was not "cramped", sitting in a restaurant was not a how we
wanted to spend the time that we had. Bryce, Zion, Lake Powell and the
Colorado River were the priorities.

Lot's of PB&J sandwiches on the trail. ;-)

When you are retired, vacations often give you a chance to unwind and
slow the pace down.

That's one reason[*] why I'm hesitant to retire; I'm working hard
enough now.
[*] The other being SWMBO doesn't want me at home. ;-)