Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default determining the load on a corner "post"

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 12:15:49 PM UTC-4, pyotr filipivich wrote:

I can draw the parts I doodled most of this out in meetings
("I-beam, end goes into socket in Lifting Unit, bolts both together.
Lifting Unit raises I-beam up by [bottle jack | screw jack | cam |
"other"] powered by [electric | steam | pneumatics | Hydraulics |
magic]. Ground contact can be via large wheels, fat wheels,
caterpillar tread, "feet". Each has advantages /drawbacks. Each beam
has one Lifting Unit at each end, so: Four beams, and four Lifting
Units (pat pending).
Rotate shed, move to new location, lower in place. (ż ... can I
get concrete railroad ties 10 feet long?) Unbolt I-beams, lather rinse
repeat with the next larger outbuilding. Store I-beams and Lifting
Units for "later".
--
pyotr filipivich

You might think about using blocks of ICE for the ground contact. It would reduce the force needed to move the buildings and would melt to lower it in place.

Dan