Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default determining the load on a corner "post"

On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 09:53:02 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Mon, 03 Sep 2018 00:21:21 -0700
Are they on concrete or on dirt?

Unobtanium. You would not believe what I had to do getting the
permits.

Cool. Then you have some for the bots, too.

Slab or blocks?

Nanofactory fabricated plate. Manufactured with eyes for
hoisting.

May I borrow that? Pretty please?

Which is why I just want to know how one calculates the load on
the bottle jack at the corner.

The house-moving companies probably have charts for guesstimating
that. Then again, the local building supply company might be able to
give you estimates of weight for all the supplies which make a
building. They deliver them daily. You'd be surprised how heavy
roofing is, likely outweighing the frame.

--
America rose from abnormal origins. The nation didn't grow organ-
ically or gradually from indigenous tribes--like, say, the French