Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] Jimmy Wilkinson Knife[_2_] is offline

Default Self driving cars

On Tue, 04 Sep 2018 13:52:20 +0100, Jack wrote:

On 9/2/2018 9:54 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 02 Sep 2018 14:19:05 +0100, Jack wrote:

On 9/1/2018 5:08 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Sat, 01 Sep 2018 20:54:02 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote
Rod Speed wrote

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-0...sting/10190804

The report doesn't say whose fault it was.

But it does list a hell of a lot of other similar failures
and a well designed self driving car should drive the
car so it doesn't cause human drivers to run into the
back of the car its driving because of how it drives.

And of course human drivers never **** up like this....

Irrelevant to how self driving cars should be done.

Unless the brake lights failed on the leading car, the following car is
responsible for NOT running into the leading car.

Perhaps a small, minute man missile could be released to vaporize the
following vehicle when the computer determines the collision is
inevitable..

Are you the Speeder from Dr. Debug days?

You're as stupid as the insurance companies. Let's say you're
travelling in the slow lane of a 2 lane motorway at 70mph. There's
traffic in the fast lane, you cannot move over. I come alongside you on
the onramp at about 75mph, then dart in front of you, leaving a gap of
about 6 inches. I immediately jam on my brakes as I realise the lorry
in front is slowing down. You hit the back of me. Would you really
blame yourself and not me?

Let's say, ignoring the stupidity of your made up situation,

what was stupid about it? I see morons doing this all the time.

and lets
say your reckless driving is clearly filmed on my dash board cam, then,
we might say there would be a possibility the cause of the rear end
accident would be yours, and you could pay the $100,000 in damage to my
car and it's on board missile guidence system.

And if you don't have a dashcam (which most don't), you think it's ok that you get blamed for my stupidly harsh braking and swerving?