Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Stuck Delta Faucet Handle

On Mon, 03 Sep 2018 16:14:02 GMT, Hackin\\\' through
m wrote:

replying to Hackin' through, Hackin' through wrote:
.. Sink #2, the saga continues: Per another web page, I tried unscrewing it
using at TORX screwdriver that fit the hex hole snugly. Now I have a broken
TORK tip wedged in the set screw hole. BUT - looking at the handle I had been
able to remove, I saw that the set screw just pressed against the faucet
cartridge stem (not going into any notable indentation. I was able to pull the
chrome cover straight up by wiggling it back and forth, and wedging q-tip
stems under it as space was created. So now it is off, although the set screw
still has the TORX tip jammed inside. I wish I had thought to force it up
before jamming up the set screw; with the handle off (the cartridge stem no
longer in the way), I could have just screwed the set screw in until it went
all the way through..

Well, isn't that special...