Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default determining the load on a corner "post"

On Sun, 02 Sep 2018 13:35:26 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I may have asked this before, but I have A Project in mind. This
is much simpler than the last time, when I wanted to build 4 humanoid
robots to pick up a shipping container at the corners and move it.
"Hup, hup, hup, ... detail halt!"

What I want to do this time is to just "slide an I-beam under the
outbuilding, attach a wheeled unit to each end, pivot the building and
roll it to when I want it." No doubt "A simple procedure involving
lasers." I'm sure. Somewhere.

But, my question is: load capacity of the units. Assume a GW of 3
tons, does that meant that each wheeled unit has to be able to 'carry'
a three ton load, or can I divide the gross weight by 4, add a "fudge
factor" and hope for the best?

This is one of those things I'd talk to one of the old guys, but I
find I am one of the old guys.

tschus
pyotr

What are the dimensions of the building, is it empty or full, what is
the floor construction and how far do you need to move it in a lineal
direction?

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---