Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Timers for electric range top burners ???

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 14:55:47 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, June 10, 2013 at 12:43:28 PM UTC-4, Robert wrote:
Is anyone aware of an electric range that has timers
which can be set for the electric burners on the
cooktop ??

Thanks ...

i thought of this some years ago and bought some heavy duty one hour timers,(a
heavy duty version of a dial bathroom fan timer) and wired one using a short heavy duty air conditioner extension cord and nice pvc box, and used it to contol a cheap hotplate. the dinky hotplate was a drag so i replaced it with a heavy cast iron top double one which doesn't move around, and has a cold burner as a place to put a hot skillet or something if i want to. it works great.....saves endless overcooked dishes and burned utensils, as i just dial the temperature and the time and walk away. and come back to a cooked dish whenever. i have fixed up a few friends with this setup. photo of it on facebook....alexander emerson...photos. in general i see timed burners as duh obvious and much handier and safer than the usual. mine works perfectly for me. i'm sorry the rca application didn't take hold. shows how many slow people there still are. it will be reinvented and take hold some time. meanwhile it's as easy to make... as wiring a new duplex outlet, if you can do that.

I put a spring wound timer on the front 2 burners of our stove when
our daughter was dabbling with cooking. It was a 15 minute timer and I
said if you are not in front of the stove every 15 minutes you are not
cooking. I had to do any slow cooking on the back burners.