Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cheap External Rubish Chute

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 29 August 2018 12:53:53 UTC+1, wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this is domestic. I own the whole building, so no issue with
residents below.

You make a good point about a fire route, but as I was intending to
install entirely on the outside of the property (traditional brick built,
no cladding or render) I was hoping this was not a risk - am I incorrect?

that didn't work too well for Grenfell.

But that was insulation done in a way that
saw it burn like hell in a column of fire.

His chute wouldnt be like that and
even if it was plastic and some stupid
set fire to his bin and so to the chute,
thats not going to take out the whole
building, just the chute and anyone silly
enough to stand next to it with it on fire.