Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Cheap External Rubish Chute

wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, this is domestic. I own the whole building, so no issue with residents below.

You make a good point about a fire route, but as I was intending to
install entirely on the outside of the property (traditional brick built,
no cladding or render) I was hoping this was not a risk - am I incorrect?

Beyond my knowledge to know if regulations apply to an outside one, but If
a vandal set fire to your bin then a plastic pipe chute may well burn as
well .

Setting any regulatory requirements aside for the moment if was going to
DIY such an installation where you have complete control I would be looking
at galvanised ventilation ducting for an economic solution rather than
plastic

Eg
http://www.ducting-express.co.uk/sto...product_id=144

Just to pick a random example. Smaller diameters cheaper but you have to
consider how easily things block especially as the internals wont be
completely smooth.

GH