Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Replacing Large Electrolytics

On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 12:30:26 -0400, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Doesn't the capacitors show the same effect as being leaky ?

From my understanding , the you start off at low voltage so the current
will not be very high and as the capacitor forms you up the voltage some
so the capacitor does not draw too much current.

My understanding is that the plates of the capacitor form a coating (for
not having a better word for it) on the plates when put under a DC
voltage.

I still believe in just replacing the 'bad' ones. Sometimes more harm
can be done to the equipment by doing the reforming process if done
wrong.

I don't think you've read the thread right through. These are NOS caps
out of circuit. I've now reformed them all and they pass all the
applicable tests, so I'll be installing them in place of the dead ones
later this week.