Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default New refrigerator - icemaker or not?

On 8/25/18 3:03 PM, Frank wrote:
On 8/25/2018 2:48 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/25/2018 2:30 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Getting a new refrigerator. It has an icemaker from the factory.
Never had
one. Should I have it hooked up?

How are repair statistics on Whirlpool icemakers?

Ice Maker is the biggest problem with every brand of refrigerator.Â* In
any case, I'd not have a fridge without both ice and water.Â* Big deal,
after 7 years it needs a repair but you have lots of ice to use every
day.

Cars get flat tires but yet I still drive one.Â* Worth the risk.

Yes but you need tires on a car but do not need and an ice maker.Â* They
do break down.Â* If you do not use a lot of ice it is not worth it.
Normal ice cube trays are all we need and I would not get one with an
ice maker.

Well you're not much of a drinking man, are you ;-)

--
Have you ever looked into a mirror and thought...hell no, that cant be
right...