Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Wife wants 540 threads per inch pima cotton sateen sheets?

On 8/25/2018 8:01 PM, Logan MacEwens wrote:
Wife puts on the shopping list 540 threads per inch pima cotton sateen
sheets.

I look it up where 540 is just the square root of the number of threads per
inch (23 threads lengthwise per inch x 23 threads widthwise per inch).

What's a "good" number of threads per square inch anyway?

Then she says it must be American Pima.
Looking that up, it seems Pima is an Andes Indian tribe that grew cotton.
That cotton is a special cotton that grows in the USA apparently.

What's the difference between PIMA and Egyptian for example for sheets?

Last, she asks for sateen.
Is that a mispelling of satin?
Nope.

Looking that up, it's a way of "mercerizing" which is some kind of acid
base wash that does something miracle like to cotton to make it soak up
stains better.

Anyone know more about how to buy sheets than that lookup gave me?

I do know that you should buy what she wants and you will sleep better.
They sound like nice sheets though. Should be soft and smooth.

We also have jersey sheets that are quite comfortable and priced
reasonable.