Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of renewables (slightly OT)

In article ,
newshound wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 23/08/18 16:28, newshound wrote:
One of the things I find amusing is that I'm on the same side as TNP
for energy but the opposite side for Brexit. And yet I completely
agree with his analysis that public debate in so many areas is
increasingly dominated by loonies and that politicians hardly ever
show signs of proper critical thought.

The same people who brought you 'renewable energy' are running the EU.

Pray tell about the people who are to bring us our next nuclear power
station?

In the long run it will be China (and perhaps Korea). Just as, once upon
a time, the UK supplied a very high proportion of the world's
ironmongery.

True. And made a living from it. As opposed to importing most things now.

Problem being imports have to be paid for. And how much can you trust a
country like China for something as critical as power generation?

--
*I want it all and I want it delivered

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.