Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

On Thursday, 23 August 2018 18:20:53 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 23/08/2018 13:24, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:49:32 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:
snip

And did anyone explain, in clear terms, what that would likely mean in
practice? An individual's freedoms, job security, freedom of movement,
standard of living? Do you seriously expect me to believe that they did?

No, and anyone claiming to know is a liar, and would be the case
whether we leave or remain, whether Blair got in in 1997 or whether
John Major did etc etc et-bloody-cetra.

How about using your common sense and realising that, gosh, we can't
predict the future, eh?

No, those of us with common sense realised that at the beginning and
therefore required more information before we would be able to vote on
it.

Quite. I really don't understand why Tim S and others don't see that. To
say 'vote leave' means one of several very different things, but we
won't tell you which one, is not much use in a vote.

Any idea what was on the original paper in 1973 then in 1975 when some were given the option to vote on it.

I just don't remmebr anyone asking ....
About do you want to join the customs union....
I don;t remmebr them asking do you want house prices to rise fasster than peolpes wages. (well the poors wages) .

If you have to tick boxes for leaving why weren;t we asked those same Qs when joining.
Maybe as in marriage and divorce we did say we'll love honour and obey till death do us part, I dont; know I wasn;t involved.
All I got told was the futre was bright free electric and a 30 hour working week or less. (which wasn't part of the EEC or any deal)

Who here hasnt realised you vote for liars, it's just whether or not you agree with them is where you put your mark, or penis image.