Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 18:39:13 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , RJH wrote:

On 23/08/2018 13:24, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 12:49:32 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:
snip

And did anyone explain, in clear terms, what that would likely mean in
practice? An individual's freedoms, job security, freedom of movement,
standard of living? Do you seriously expect me to believe that they did?

No, and anyone claiming to know is a liar, and would be the case
whether we leave or remain, whether Blair got in in 1997 or whether
John Major did etc etc et-bloody-cetra.

How about using your common sense and realising that, gosh, we can't
predict the future, eh?

No, those of us with common sense realised that at the beginning and
therefore required more information before we would be able to vote on
it.

Then why didn't you look for it, ask questions, discuss it? Why d'ye
expect to be spoon-fed?

Quite. I really don't understand why Tim S and others don't see that. To
say 'vote leave' means one of several very different things, but we
won't tell you which one, is not much use in a vote.

I don't know where you get your funny idea that brexit means one of
several things. I told you what it meant to me and why. And I formed my
conclusions having seen the EU bully the smaller nations and force them
to "vote again" on a number of issues. After that I started considering
the EU, its Commission, and its parliament, and their relationships to
each other and the public.

It's all simple enough.

For a left brainer?

All you have listed is those things that *you* are bothered about but
that doesn't reflect the feelings of 2/3rds of the electorate as I'm
guessing they would have also voted for it?

What you aren't doing is conceding any of the benefits our EU
membership has brought and accepted there could be a big price everone
has to pay to cater for your personal crusade?

You seem more than happy / willing to Throw the baby out with the bath
water' but with no signs of any tangible gains for most people.

You may be willing to cut your nose off to spite your face but the
majority in the UK obviously aren't.

So, if you are even slightly bothered with the continuation in any
level of democracy, you will support the idea of a second (and
potentially better educated) peoples vote and if it's still that we
should leave (and ideally a supermajority that Firage demanded
himself) then that's what we do.

At lest we can do so knowing that it really was the will of the people
(not just you and yer band of crusaders).

Cheers, T i m