Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Rob_Lowe@hotmail.com is offline

Default H/W Pilot

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 10:03:17 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 11:43:14 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 8/22/2018 11:32 AM, wrote:

You mean something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Wind-Directio.../dp/B009AX3FGE

That's what OP was asking about but minimum 5" which would be huge for
just a WH...I've never seen directional for 3" which would be what I'd
expect has...

I noticed the minimum size. My WH exhaust vent is stationary. The
exhaust pipe is through the garage ceiling and through the roof. I've
had wind "chatter", a baffle?

OP is the exhaust pipe taped with foil tape at each pipe connection?
I'm only guessing you have a draft concern in the exhaust.

I was unaware that the lack of taping. on the exhust pipe joints would
be a significant issue. Easy "fix" to try!!