Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 23/08/18 10:55, RJH wrote:
On 23/08/18 10:29, RJH wrote:
On 22/08/2018 14:21, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 14:01:15 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 22/08/2018 11:09, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 08:50:54 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
On 20/08/2018 17:11, whisky-dave wrote:

snip

That's just ridiculous. 'Choice' means a range of options.

So in a genral election what choice to you get, it;s almost always
just between the two main parties CON or LAB when was the last time
you remember anyone else winning ?

Even if
they're not decent (and I would suggest they do need to be decent),
you
do at least need to be clear on what the options mean.

So what did the last general election options mean ?

You're sort of making my point for me. Shouting 'democracy' doesn't
make it right. Democracy isn't an/off concept or method - there's
good, bad, and lots in between. Our general elections have been
getting worse since 1979. And the EU referendum was the worst modern
UK example of democracy yet (off the top of my head).

But better, I'd add, than those poor sods in Zimbabwe (to choose one
of many examples), who have suffer your Zimbabwean alter ego chanting
'the election was democratic, live with it, will of the people'.

"Democracy measns one man, one vote, and I am that man".

What remoanres do not understand is that democracy is a way to settle
contentious issues without civil war and bloodshed.

In the short term at least, yes, I agree.

if 90% of the populatin thought the EU was crap, there wouldnt be a
need for a vote,.

That's why we had one, and it's result has to be respected.

That is why we had one - but our government made a mess of of it. So
that mess has to be corrected if the UK is going to call itself 'a good
example of a democratic state'.

Our government has shown itself nto be unwilling to act as our
government, and is still acting as a vassal state of the EU.

No - the goverenment are trying to save the UK from the Boaty McBoatfacers.

from KT24 in Surrey, England