Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost of renewables (slightly OT)

On 23/08/18 09:59, Andy Burns wrote:
newshound wrote:

I wonder if there is any possibility that GW models might start to
show that decarbonisation is not quite so "essential". I suspect that
the Juggernaut is unstoppable on the decadal timescale.

'They' seem to have decided to emphasise the hothouse earth model
recently, probably it sounds more urgent so something must be done?

Somehow it has become relatively obvious that a naked all out battle of
the bull****ters is under way - Climate change, Renewable energy,
Brexit, Donald Trump....there is a naked power struggle going on and the
myth that politicians and people in power, in the media and in authority
do not deliberately lie, but are merely 'just mistaken' has been blown
right out of the water.

We are being deliberately lied to, on a massive and unprecedented scale.

By some very very scary people.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal