Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Better get an allotment or a second hand refrigerated truck?

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

On 20/08/2018 17:11, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 20 August 2018 16:48:38 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

snip

It always makes me laugh when the fanatic Brexiteers say something
like 'The people voted and decided'

that's what they did and the way all voting systems in democracy work.

Voting systems 'work' on the basis of reasonably informed choices.

Given the concept of 'Brexit' was never properly explained (and still
isn't clear); the campaigning was at best tainted, at worst illegal; and
the quality of information and debate was poor. On both sides.

It was perfectly clear to me, and it was carefully pointed out by a
number of politicians: we would leave the EU, the CU, the SM, and the
jurisdiction of the ECJ.

Do tell how these departures would benefit the country - and, indeed,
yourself, apart from giving you the warm feeling that once again we've
defeated Johnny Foreigner.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England