jim

Default Ice Maker Problem - Help

Leor Amikam wrote:

I have a Kenmore 696 side-by-side refrigerator. The Ice maker has stopped
producing ice.
I am assuming it is one of two problems: 1) no water getting to input, or
2) mechanical problem.
I don't want to call a repair-person, as they will charge me more for a
service call than the price of the maker.
I would like to diagnose the source of the problem myself and hopefully
replace and defective part.
Does anyone have any experience with a similar problem that they had? Any
good web links?

Thanks!
Leor

the service man will probably just replace the ice maker also.. not too
many service guys work on an icemaker its just as cheap to replace it as
it is for him to trouble shoot it.... they cost about $100 for the whole
thing.....