Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Rob_Lowe@hotmail.com is offline

Default H/W Pilot

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 12:29:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 8/22/2018 12:12 PM, wrote:

I have searched the net, and asked a plumbing supply sto "Is there
a vent/ exhaust stack cap that I could put on".

BTW: I have found one plus. Today the pilot (15 year old HW heaater)
would not relight. A replacement thermocouple resolved that issue. I
did find a lot of rust debris, upon the buirner element. Further there
was also a small amount, on the area where the pilot light is. After
cleaning all debris, it now seems that the pilot light is "more
robust"?? I may have thus lessened how often the pilot fails???? For
sure I now have a more effective burner, w/o that debris!

You are in better shape anyway. Chimney caps help considerably and
getting the crap makes a difference too.

At 15 years you may be needing a new one soon anyway. That seems to be
the life of them.

I agree, I may soon need a HW replacement. Alas EVER TAXING Danny
Malloy "forced" us to move from CT and establish Florida as our state
domicile. Thus we now only live in CT for 5 summer months. I am hoping
that the HW heater lasts for a few years