jim

Default HOw to replace small sectin of copper pipe

Joseph Logan wrote:

Our bathroom addition was made in such a fashion that the room can
actually get so cold as to freeze the water pipe.
Well it happened and now I have a small 1/2" hole in the hot water
copper pipe.
I want to cut out a 2" section and replace to fix. Does anyone know
of a nice site that can give me the step by step here? I am a
woodworker by trade and have never done much with the plumbing except
replacing a faucet.

THanks

its hard to fix just a hole in the plubming when working with
copper/soldering.. you might have to go a little further and replace the
complete section or about 2 feet of it.. remmber that if you have water
in there its gonna be hard to work up a good heat to do the soldering
and the water turns into steam and blows out the solder(so you dont get
a good seal) thats what happend to me on a nail hole in copper....