Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Rob_Lowe@hotmail.com is offline

Default H/W Pilot

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 11:29:02 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 8/22/2018 11:12 AM, wrote:

Does anyone know if theere is such an item that I could add, to
prevent the wind from killing the pilot?? I sure would enjoy NEVER
relighting that DA*N pilot! - rob

What is the present exhaust configuration? Double or single wall (B or C)?

Have just simple baffle/rain shield on the well house heater that is
quite effective here in SW KS where 35 mph "is just a stiff breeze"...

The water heater vents thru the chimney in the old house so it's never
been a problem.

Indeed 35 MPH is a mere Stiff breeze here (CT) as well. We dread the
arrival of tropical storms, and worse hurricanes. We have raised our
house. Thus we have not had house water damage, during our15 years of
such recurring storms (and many more loss of W/H pilot lights)

Alas I am not familiar with a "simple baffle/rain shield" ? In our
CT area, the noted "Hi" winds can be from most any direction. Does you
"item" adapt to 360 degree Hi winds?