Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Powder actuated tools again ...

On 08/21/2018 11:37 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Yup , damn sure . It was pretty gunked up when I got it , wouldn't even
fire . After a conversation with Tim at Hilti customer service we
determined that my piston has been modified - it had about 5/16" cut off
the tip , likely to use the specialty fasteners that came with it .
They're a short pin with a spacer collar of some kind , I have no idea
what their use is but they need to be installed with about 5/16"
protruding from the work surface .

It was back in the '70s so, like most things in the '70s, my memory is a
little fuzzy, but we were shooting studs with a collar and a threaded
portion. The collar would be flush with the threads sticking out about
3/8". We were hanging EMT for a new line and the threads were for the
EMT clamps.

The original plan was to drill for anchors but after a couple of those I
said screw this and sent my gopher down to the rental store for a Hilti.