Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Unearthed IEC lead.

In article 5549f44b-8a81-4294-acef-
, says...

Well presently we have an illuminated fire exit sign that points in the oppersite direction to the actual fire exit, it points to an old fire exit now removed and a window has been installed rather than a door, and the stairs leading to it as a fire exit have been removed.
It's been like this for over a month now but they think they'll be able to sort it out by 19th september although they haven't confirmed the year yet.

Years ago, I remember going to the Weize Beer Festival (in
Belgium) and was fascinated by all the large doors I spotted
with NOODUITGANG painted on them in large letters.

Uitgang is obviously way out but to even a sober British mind
(and this was a beer festival, remember!) Nooduitgang shouts
No Exit.

In fact, Nooduitgang is Dutch for Emergency Exit!

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com