Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Flood damage

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 20 Aug 2018 19:14:02 GMT, Hil-5771
m wrote:

I just had a leak in waterline behind a bathroom wall in
MY basement that we didn't know about until more than a foot of water filled
up basement. The insurance adjuster came out and said we were covered and he
approved and gave me an initial payment right on the spot However the
payment for all that water clean up and damage seemed kind of low . Now we
have found mold two weeks later and it's in the hvac duct and also on bottom
of walls at three or four locations . And while pulling back the old paneling
I found a large horizobtal rack hairline to about 1/8 in h width . Would
these two items be something I should add onto to this claim or is my
responsibility .

What is the rack, or do you mean crack, in? What is on the other side
of the c-rack?

What would it take to repair it? STuffing an appropriate substance in
the crack? How much could that cost. $100?

1/8" is not much. Houses get cracks when they settle. In my
amateurish opinion, they don't get them when the flood, though a foot of
water does weigh quite a bit.

My impression is that construction techniques have improved since 70
years ago and they usually don't settle as much as they used to, but I'm
guessing.