Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Bud@Weiser.com is offline

Default Wet saw breaks tile at end of cut

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 07:47:09 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 8/19/2018 11:21 PM, Cactus Jack wrote:
Hello, all. I recently bought a 7" wet tile saw. Nothing fancy, just
an inexpensive Home Depot saw.
The saw does a great job of cutting; however, on some types of tile,
at the end of the cut it tends to chip or break a corner off the tile.
Does anyone know a way to prevent this from happening? \
The only thing I've found that seems to help is to slow down the tile
feed to a creep as I approach the edge of the tile, but this does not
always prevent the chipping.
Thanks, Jack

Push the tile thru with a scrap piece . That way the trailing edge will
be supported as it clears the blade .

I have never cut tile myself, but i once watched a guy doing it and he
put masking tape on the cut mark. He put the mark on the tape and cut
thru the tape. I think the purpose was to reinforce the tile, but I'm
not sure. Maybe he was just making it easier to see the mark. But why
not try it. Grab some scrap tiles and give it a shot. The blade will cut
thru the tape easily. so it cant hurt to try.