Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unearthed IEC lead.

On Monday, 20 August 2018 16:21:06 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
But have you seen anything these days with a 13 amp plug where the flex
would suffer damage with a 13 amp fuse and short circuit?

The point is that IEC is the connector not the cable.
The fuse is there to protect the cable.

How many IEC leads have you seen where the two aren't moulded together?

Enough, but most of our leads with an IEC connector on have a 5amp fuse in the 13amp plug, and virtually all have 5 or 6 amp spec'd cable connecting teh 13amp plug to the 6 or 10 amp IEC socket.
Some have a 3amp fuse, those are mostly C13 to C14 for connecting the monitor to the back of a PC.
I leave about 100 of theses sorts of cables in the lab in a box for easy access.

I have a couple of these somewhere in case we need them.
10amp IEC Cable Plug.
https://www.rapidonline.com/schurter...e-plug-23-0296

In
the same way as most 13 amp plugs are too?

Most 13amps plugs are too what exactly ?