Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Weedkiller found in wide range of breakfast foods aimed atchildren

On 8/20/2018 8:51 AM, devnull wrote:
On 08/20/2018 05:47 AM, Norman Wells wrote:

No, neither do I.Â* The default position is that it's safe.Â* Just as
the default position is that your mobile phone is safe.

The jury is still out on cell phones so I'm on the fence on that issue.

However, before takeoff, I assume my airplane is unsafe...which is why
prudent pilots do a pre-flight check.

And I also assume farm chemicals that kill anything are unsafe for me
too.Â* BT corn? You'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to eat that
crap.Â* Though gut microbiome science is just emerging, I suspect in time
my distrust of farm chemicals and GMOs will be vindicated.

I strongly believe someday humanity will regret polluting the soil and
water with all this toxic crap.Â* Sadly it will be too late if you want a
clean environment.

We've already polluted the oceans with mercury and most of us have
stopped eating mercury-laced ocean fish. No one disputes that mercury is
a toxin but maybe that's because there are no corporations profiting by
spraying it on the environment?

As a chemist I think chemophobia is largely based on ignorance of the
relationship between toxicity and dosage.

Anyone that has ever studied chemistry knows about Avogadro's constant
which is the number of molecules in one mole of a substance, 6.02
×10 to the 23. A mole of water is 18 ml.

Analytical techniques today can measure down to the part per trillion
level so you can practically find any chemical anywhere. The fact that
it is present does not mean it is going to harm you.

A lot of the chemicals in the environment are naturally occurring and at
high levels may be toxic. Some of the worlds most toxic materials are
natural products.