Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wet saw breaks tile at end of cut

On 8/19/2018 11:21 PM, Cactus Jack wrote:
Hello, all. I recently bought a 7" wet tile saw. Nothing fancy, just
an inexpensive Home Depot saw.
The saw does a great job of cutting; however, on some types of tile,
at the end of the cut it tends to chip or break a corner off the tile.
Does anyone know a way to prevent this from happening? \
The only thing I've found that seems to help is to slow down the tile
feed to a creep as I approach the edge of the tile, but this does not
always prevent the chipping.
Thanks, Jack

Push the tile thru with a scrap piece . That way the trailing edge will
be supported as it clears the blade .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old