Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Yawn, another meter question

"ss" wrote in message
On 19/08/2018 14:32, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Except it doesn't tell you which appliances are using the electricity,
or allow you to see what the average consumption of your fridge/freezer
is, or the total used for an operation such as a wash cycle or cooking
exercise.

You can get plug in logging meters for that, to monitor instantaneous,
hourly, daily and weekly.

I done that years back and never bother now. What I do is make sure things
like washing machines are full loads and fridge/freezer are never going to
be off anyhow so doesnt really matter what they use as I cant reallt
influence it.

You can however measure that it isnt doing very well and
see it replacing it will pay for itself in a reasonable time.

My bills for a 4 bed detached were around £1500 per year 6 years ago and
now around £1000 and thats with several price increases although I have
switched suppliers twice.