Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yawn, another meter question

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 07:36:31 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

They are being advertised on TV as saving electricity. Now we all know
that adverts are all accurate and never lie. But how exactly do they
save electric? Or do they mean that customers can use the information
given to save it?

That's what I understand. TPTB expect you to look at the meter every
few minutes and run around switching off lights, phone chargers etc to
save a few watts. My impression is that most people pretty soon get
bored by them and stop looking, presumably reverting to their former
wasteful or otherwise behaviour.

Must be me, but how would any meter persuade me to switch off lights etc I
didn't need? Unless of course you make a habit of leaving things on when
not needed. And can't for the life of me see how a fancy meter would
change that.

--
*A fool and his money are soon partying *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.