Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Something inside my loo pipe

On 18/08/2018 09:35, Marland wrote:
Andrew wrote:
On 17/08/2018 15:35, F wrote:
On 17/08/2018 14:56, Andrew wrote:
On at least 3 occasions now I have heard a scraping
scrabbling noise coming from the corner of the house
where the internal foul stack is.

It sounds like a bird or animal with claws

A rat?

The previous time I heard this noise it had made it up to the
'horizontal' section connecting loo to stack so I flushed it
away.

He's a good swimmer if its the same one.

They are brilliant swimmers.

I was waiting for one in the garden to give it a lead injection but it
spotted me and diverted from the normal trail I was covering and leapt
into the pond and swam to the other side under the water
where I saw it emerge and get away. Took seconds.
They may be a nuisance and a health hazard but there is no denying they
have evolved into very efficient biological specimens.

GH

The mystery is, the drainage is 'modern' (1976), using hepworth
or Naylor glazed earthenware pipes with plastic/epdm connectors
so I'm not sure where he could get in. This isn't an area that
has a rat problem, lacking running streams or ponds, or fast
food outlets.