Dave Gibson

Default Mains Halogen Bulbs

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Stuart writes:
Can anyone tell me the difference between GU10 and GZ10 Mains Halogen
bulbs . The GU10 are described as aluminium . Is it to do with the
reflector ??

Yes.
GZ10 are dichroic lamps which dump a lot of heat back into the fitting.
GU10 are aluminium reflector lamps which direct more of the heat out
with the light beam.

Even more helpfully, Sainsbury's label them both as dichroic on their
price labels!

Cheapest GU10s I've found is Wickes 5 for £15. Anyone seen cheaper?
Al

Check the nominal lifetime of the bulbs ... the cheapies are generally only
rated at 1000hrs, whereas the slightly more expensive ones are 2000 hrs. BTW
the screwfix more expensive GU10's are made by Osram and are rated at 2000
hrs.

You pays yer money, yer takes yer choice!