Posted to alt.home.repair
Arlen Holder Arlen Holder is offline

Default What kind of spider is this that landed on me when I was working in my booster pump shed?

On 18 Aug 2018 22:44:19 GMT, rbowman wrote:

Looks like one. It's a little early but in Arizona the males wander
around looking for females in the fall. It's a little weird to be
driving down the road and noticing a spider ambling across it. They can
bite if provoked but they're usually docile.

I apologize for the lousy picture. I'll take another shot in the daylight
tomorrow with better lighting.

It landed on my shoulder and was walking around, while I was hunched over
my booster pump motor ... where when I realized what it was - I
involuntarily screamed like a girl!

It's a primeval feeling - spiders and rattlers ... goes deep into the core.

When it fell off on the ground, I agree with you that it was pretty docile.
I don't think it wanted to bite me at all.

Maybe it was what was eating this snail?
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=7727441snail01.jpg

Where I've never seen a snail shell caught in a spider web in the air 3
feet off the ground and five inches from any wall or roof!
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=9390313snail02.jpg