Dan O.

Default Kenmore Elite Dryer keeps BEEPING...please help.

(Kumar) wrote

Beeping does not stop (the beep sounds like when you push the
buttons). There is no pattern to the beeping. When I unplug the
machine, the beeping seems to go away for a bit, but then returns
after plugging back in and choosing a cycle. Dryer heater and

tumbler
are STILL ON when this is occuring. I have cleaned the sensor with
alcohol, I have also cleaned the entire lint trap system to make

sure
there were no clogs. Also, it won't allow me to go out of "Cotton
High Heat" mode now. It won't let me "stop/cancel". I can only
change "modes" when i unplug the unit and plug it back in. This is
driving my wife and me nutz...anyone know if this is known issue or
any other groups I can post this issue to? I'm fairly technical,

so
if it needs new parts, I can probably change.

UPDATE:

replaced the Control Board. did NOT fix the issue

I guess I need to go for the actual control panel next?

This is getting a bit frustrating as well as expensive.

That's why I usually recommend purchasing an extended warranty when
purchasing stupid (IMO) electronically controlled appliances.

The Purchase : Which appliances need more warranty?
http://ng.appliance411.com/purchase/more.shtml

Let us know how you eventually make out.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+dryer