Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Very fine hose clips?

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 08:45:10 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

snip

Any pointers to where I can get the smaller Jubilee style clips /
clamps please ... or an effective alternative?

Cheers, T i m

Here is a handy tool for making hose clips to any size. Although
commercially available, it's actually quite easy to make the tool:

http://www.clamptool.com/index.html

Thanks for that Andrew, that's a different approach.

Spookily, a couple of rolls off ss 'safety wire' they use for security
wiring nuts and bolts on racing machines arrived here yesterday
morning with that sort of use in mind (although more with the lose
ends twisted together to give the tension and locking and then folded
flat once done). ;-)

I have previously (and very successfully) used fairly fine wire (often
bright tinned copper) for retaining small hoses on the things like RC
boat cooling and fuel hoses and in emergencies on other hoses.

(This sort of technique but with more turns at the end).
http://www.clamptool.com/pages/single.html

In fact, I bought the wire to do exactly as the tool you linked to
provides on the rubber hose that connects to my remote fuel tank and
was going to cover that with some self gluing heat shrink, but even at
..7mm I think it's a bit too heavy *for that diameter of hose*).

As you say, shouldn't be too tricky to make ...

This looks like the ideal usage of the tool, even though it starts off
looking a bit like 'a cat's cradle'. ;-)

http://www.clamptool.com/pages/double.html

Cheers, T i m