Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Very fine hose clips?

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 08:34:47 +0100, RJH wrote:

snip

I used 10 of these to replace the ones on my motor bike.
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/232889642327?chn=ps

Not so fond of those

I think they can have their place.

- difficult to fit and remove without special
pliers,

Agreed, but I think that may be a function of the size of the clip.
The smaller (~10mm ID) are easily handled with my Leatherman (PSTII so
a 'needle nose' pliers), whereas I agree the bigger sizes can be quite
a mouthful for ordinary pliers (so I often have to use long nose Mole
grips, *if* I can get to the clip from the side).

just one 'tightness',

Good point.

and the hose needs to be removed to fit.

Another good 'con' (although in this scenario not a problem as we
would be 'fitting' the hoses in the first place etc).

Cheers, T i m