Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default wire that heat strips insulation

On Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 8:50:41 AM UTC-7, Ralph Mowery wrote:

...enamelled copper wire, some is solderable without stripping first.

There seems to be lots that will heat strip/solder around 400 deg C for
use on motors and transformers but I am looking for some that I can use
on circuit boards and will heat strip at a more normal electronic solder
temperature of around 300 deg C or less.

Solder temperature when wiring to the board needn't be the solder temperature
that strips and tins the wire; you can dip a wire end into a solder pot instead.