Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default wire that heat strips insulation

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:34:36 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

So as I will have to find some method of stripping the wire, I might as
well continue like I have been doing and use the wire like the hard and
flopy drive cables. It is a small solid wire with the plastic type of
insulation. Easy to strip with just small wire strippers.

That's probably wire wrap wire. It's all #30AWG tin plated solid
wire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_wrap
The technology is mostly obsolete today. There were huge piles of the
pre-cut wire lengths and spools scattered all over the local surplus
stores. I have a few large bundles left that I use for making
breadboards. Highly recommended.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/73139/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=wire+wrap+wire

The only things I use magnet wire for is torroid inductors and
repairing motors.
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D