Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default wire that heat strips insulation

In article ,
says...

there are 2 types of enamelled copper wire, some is solderable without stripping first.
Where? There are lots of electronic part suppliers. You didn't say what country.

NT

I am in the US.

There seems to be lots that will heat strip/solder around 400 deg C for
use on motors and transformers but I am looking for some that I can use
on circuit boards and will heat strip at a more normal electronic solder
temperature of around 300 deg C or less.

In use the wire will never get very hot, say like inside a computer or
TV.