Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Sears gas clothes drier Follow up

On 08/14/2018 08:42 AM, philo wrote:
Due to several problems and the fact that it's 20 years old I purchased
a new clothes drier.

Kind of curious though as what the problem is with the old one. I do my
own repairs and this one stumped me.

The gas only comes on intermittently. I can see the igniter glowing but
most of the time, there is no gas present.

Sometimes it will ignite but after a few minutes goes out again.

The timer and thermal breakers all check ok. I'm thinking it must be the
solenoid that actually turns the gas on.

I did not think it worth investigating because half the time the drum
sticks...I got my $400 worth.

I was just commenting to my wife how convenient it is to shop on-line.
The new dryer was purchased without me having to leave the house.

Now I don't know what will happen as my card was hacked during the
transaction. Since the transaction went through my guess is there is
some dishonest employee at the store's headquarters.

Anyway the transaction went through but was never posted to my card.
However, several bogus transactions were posted at that time.

My credit card company immediately cancelled my card, reversed the
transactions and issued a new card.

Guess I will wait an see what the store does.

I still do not want to fool around with my old dryer though.
The entire front needs to be removed to get at the gas assembly. My
previous Sears dryer which was almost identical had an access door.